If you have a scar that bothers you, we offer a wide variety of excellent treatments at BeauxMD to address this issue. With the innovative progress of lasers, dermal fillers, and collagen-producing procedures, there are many options for improving the appearance of scars.
Best Treatments for Scars
Our scar treatments at BeauxMD are each different, with unique benefits and abilities. Sometimes one of these procedures alone will improve scarring, and sometimes a combination of treatments is best.
- Intense Pulsed Light. While intense pulsed light treatments don’t reduce or smooth the actual scars themselves, the procedure can improve their appearance by evening out skin tone and lightening the scars if they are dark or red.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing. Laser skin resurfacing treatments produce natural collagen, which helps to fill in acne scars.
- Microdermabrasion. Microdermabrasion is an excellent treatment for specific types of depressed acne scars, which cause dents in the skin.
- Chemical Peels. Chemical peels remove layers of damaged skin, along with acne scars. The most commonly used chemical peels for improving acne scars are salicylic acid, glycolic acid, Jessner's solution, resorcinol, and trichloroacetic acid.
- Dermaplaning. Dermaplaning is an exfoliating treatment that uses a small blade to gently remove dead skin cells and hair from the face, as well as improve deep scarring from acne and uneven pit marks on the skin.
- Microneedling. Microneedling is a collagen-producing treatment. The fresh new collagen that is created smooths out the skin and fills in scarred areas.
- Dermal Fillers. Depending on what type of scarring you have, dermal fillers can get significant results. Radiesse and Juvéderm are great for improving acne scarring, but Restylane is known for being the gold standard filler for scarring and can last up to nine months. Dermal fillers are often used in combination with another treatment for scar improvement.